Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Whimsy Try It Out Tuesday #34

Hi all, I'm huddled in my house looking up at the hills all around with a skiff of snow - but that's ok......as long as it stays up in the hills. On the bright side, there are fun things to do in the winter, and I'm leaping ahead to January and February when outdoor ice skating is possible. 
With full intention to add some sparkle to your day with my creation, I've usedP1030128 copy a pretty image called "Skater" from the Time 4 Tea Collection illustrated by Jo Davies for Whimsy Stamps. Love the big bright eyes. The card base is a 6" x 6" tent card matted.  Visions of doing something entirely different was set aside and a 5" x 5" box frame was added, cutting an oval to give more contrast for the image, which is fussy cut and popped up with 3-D foam dots. Also had some fun playing with "fran-tage" and two "old" snowflake punches rescued from my give-a-way punch collection. We all tend to forget about some of those "oldies, but goodies" and head for the new dies.
Materials:  White Cardstock:  12" x 6", 6" x 6" (frame) 6" x 5" for die cut oval.  "Skater" from the Time 4 Tea Collection illustrated by Jo Davies for Whimsy Stamps,  White Copic paper (Cougar), Memento Tuxedo Black ink, Copic markers:  R00, E11, R20, E40, E33, E35, R22, R24, B01, C01, C00.  Oval Die,  Floral Oval die, Designer Papers, scraps of white and turquoise (snowflakes), DecoArt Snow Writer for snow, VersaMark, Shabby White Fran-tage, and a ton of Clear glitter. This card sparkles so much in real life you need sun glasses!P1030127 copy
If you look closely, you will see that her scarf is sheer..... or at least, I tried to make it look sheer.   I punched the snowflakes, sprayed them with adhesive and dipped them in glitter.  My tweezers are beautifully glittered also.
Hope my card has inspired you in some way to stamp up a storm, ink up a wish and send it on to someone to brighten their day.
Rubber hugs, Whimsy Wishes,
madge0902 (1)

3 comments:

Gail said...

Ooooh, I'm the first commenter! I love this card. I love the image and your coloring is outstanding. The way you put this cute little image on the card is fabulous with the darker background...it really makes her pop off the card. Love all the glitter and shine, too! Hugs, Gail

koala said...

Hello Madge, (^o^)/"""
What a super lovely card !!! and LOVE this one !!!
I am a BIG figure skate FAN and just went to Skate America, also wanted to go to Skate Canada, but I already had a plan that time, so I could not go to Skate Canada.
Love this cute girl and your sparkling snowflakes and colors !!! Your coloring for girl is so beautiful !!! LOVE them all !!!

StampArt Design by Kathryne said...

So pretty Madge. Your card is lovely. xx Kathryne