Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Try It Out Tuesday

Hi all.  Happy Summer!! 

I've been away from crafting for a bit, and my mojo has taken a creative beating.  I've got a quick post today for you using "something old", mainly because the card that I had intended to showcase is a new release - it will have to be for "show and tell" next week .

P1020768 copy I love this image because whenever I look at it I think of "The Sound of Music", The hills are alive with the sound of music....... "Sun Kissed" from the Little Cottage Cuties Collection illustrated by Elisabeth Bell.

I used the negative die cut and framed my colored image, machine stitched the frame to the image and added a border punched rectangle backed by poppy red cardstock.

Materials used:  Stamp: "Sun Kissed" from the Little Cottage Cuties Collection, Cougar white cardstock, Memento Tuxedo Black ink, Copic markers: R00, R20, E11, E40, E33, E34, E37, BG90, BG93, BG95, R22, R24, R08, Y18, YR16, G82, G40, G21. Flowers from Whimsy Buds, Lovely Tape, MS Border / Corner punch, paperclip and butterfly from stash.

Check out the Whimsy Blog for the new releases for June - they are absolutely wonderful!  And remember, "Stamp up a storm, ink up a wish and send it on to someone to make their day"

Rubber hugs, Whimsy Wishes,

madge0902 (1)

4 comments:

CraftinGranny said...

Fantastic coloring Madge. Two great cards for inspiration! TFS "Hugs" Caro

StampArt Design by Kathryne said...

Sweet cards, Madge. Your colourings are especially fab. xx Kathryne

koala said...

This is also SUPER LOVELY GIRL and PRETTY FLOWERS !!! I also LOVE your BEAUTIFUL COLORING !!!
I wish I could color like yours ... (^.^)"""

arlene buono said...

I love your work, but I really don't know what you are talking about with the dyes etc. How do I learn? I would love to know how to do it. Please respond. arlene buono
arlene.buono@aol.com