Thursday, December 29, 2011

Red, White & Blue December OCS Challenge card

Hi all,  we’re back home – and it feels good to have actual sunshine and not that liquid kind.  It rained the entire time we were visiting……. BLAH.  But we had fun, visiting with family and friends.

OCS has a NEW challenge for all of you RED & WHITE ( + another color ) fans………  With Valentines Day looming ahead – what a way to make a card for your Significant Other!

I’ve chosen a stamp from Penny Black called SNOWY.  Actually this reminds me of P1010140 copy our children, bundled up for a day of snow fun…… way back…… a hundred years ago. :)  The years before microfibres. The years that you spent two hours getting them dressed with warm sweaters, boots, coats, snowpants, touques, mittens and scarves and then inevitably a little voice could be heard in amongst the foursome “I have to go to the bathroom”.  LOL

I had some fun with this little guy – and chose to make an Easel card because this is one of my favorite folds.  I made a mistake by smearing a bit of liquid pearl onto my Copic paper – thus I ended up cutting out the image. I stamped a row of trees with Embossing Ink and embossed them in white and sponged the background with Stormy Sky Distress Ink. Then I decided to put a concave shape to SNOWY by puttingP1010135 copy dimensionals in the center to pop him out a bit.  Added some buttons for the suit and sprinkled Ultrafine Glitter onto the pom pom of the hat.   The snowflakes were sponged with Stormy Sky.   (this is my fave color of distress ink, this month)!P1010138  
We don’t have any snow here in Vernon – at least not the staying kind.

This card is going to be a “Warm Winter Wish” card for a friend.

Be sure to enter your interpretation of our RED, WHITE  + another color into our January Challenge at OCS.  Looking forward to dropping into your blog to take a peek!
~ Rubber hugs, Inky Wishes ~
siggyhaycock

5 comments:

Shari said...

Madge, your little Snowy card is so adorable!! Love all of the details you've added - the buttons, the background, the glitter, etc. Wishing you and yours all the best in 2012.

Sue said...

Madge, an adorable card. Love all the details and embellishments. Wishing you, yours and family all the best for 2012.

Cheryl said...

Awww, your card is just adorable! I love the snow.

Anonymous said...

This is adorable Madge!
Hugs Julie P

Sandy said...

Hey Madge - this card is delightful! I love your snowman and your background is grand. I too remember the days of layering the clothes on my kids - them coming in soaking wet and freezing. Oh what a mess. May I ask you what you used on the snowman's hat? (the furry bottom)
Enjoying your blog -
Sandy