Thursday, July 1, 2010

Maggies two-fold

Creative juices are not readily flowing these days.  We've had some impending disasters to tend to and it apparently has sucked all my desire to create right out of me.  However, I have managed to create a couple of cards - one a thank you for a sweet neighbour who brought over, not one, but 3 tetra packs of Chai Tea for me and a bottle of wine for dh.

This stamp is so sweet, and I am one of the lucky ones to have gotten it as a free gift from  Magnolia-licious , Diana treats her customers so well --   What a gift!!  I understand that it hasn't been released for sale yet.
Here is the card.

The image was coloured using copics. I used some SU designer paper for the background, a piece of musical note sticker paper bought at our local "Welkmart" and the flowers were bits and pieces of some flowers bought at the same store.  (Welkmart - is a bargain basement store only here in Vernon).  I don't go in very often, but my hairdresser is right next door so when I have to pay for parking and have a few minutes -- that is where I head.

Next is a card that will be sent as a swap card for an exchange group I'm in (Canadian Card Exchange).  I tend to keep them very flat for mailing.  This one is using Loves Me Tilda. 

Once again I used copics to colour Loves Me Tilda.  I don't have many objects for my "maggies" to sit on, so I cut her out and  created a ribbon fence for her to plunk her cute little bottom upon.
The flowers are from my stash of pretties and the butterfly is an older butterfly punch.

The inside is decorated with a Martha Stewart butterfly punch and a leftover piece of the designer paper used for the front of the card edge punched with another MS punch
.
Hope you like my two-fold maggies. Comments are greatly appreciated and keep the will to create going.

Remember,  Stamp up a storm - ink up a wish - and send it on, to brighten someone's day.


Rubber hugs, inky wishes, Cricut chirps and Cuttlebug squishes,
Madge

4 comments:

Diana Crick said...

Madge, your cards are absolutely delightful. How perfect is the musical notes sticker! I love how you finished the insides, always shows extra love to the receiver.
hugs, Diana

Kathy Gerace said...

Very pretty cards! Love both of your Tilda and Violin cards. Just perfect for the musicians out there!
Kathy Gerace

Pam said...

Sweet cards! Glad I had a chance to see them!
Hugs to you,
Pam

Peta said...

What a great job you've done and how perfect is the musical notes